Piazza - Course Q&A Forum
Piazza is an online Q&A platform that facilitates interaction among students and instructors in an efficient and intuitive manner.
Piazza helps students who are stuck on homework problems get unstuck with the help of their classmates, TAs, and professors. Save time and help students learn using the power of community. Caltech has an agreement in place with Piazza, allowing Caltech and Piazza to work together to protect student privacy.
NOTE: Piazza at Caltech is integrated into the Caltech Canvas Learning Management System. If using Piazza with Canvas, upon first setting up Piazza for the course, Piazza recommends that you skip over the creation of an access code and skip manually enrollment. Instead, students and TAs in your course will automatically be added in Piazza when they click through to Piazza from Canvas.
- Wiki-style format enables collaboration in a single space
- Features LaTeX editor, highlighted syntax and code blocking
- Questions and posts needing immediate action are highlighted
- Instructors endorse answers to keep the class on track
- Anonymous posting encourages every student to participate
- Highly customizable online polls
- Rich course participation data
- Duplicate post detection functionality to limit students from creating repetitive posts
- Integrated with Caltech Canvas Learning Management System (LMS)
- Available on iOS and Android Apps
Links and Resources:
- Sample first-day messages and norms
- Piazza Support Page
- View a demo course on Piazza
- Piazza Product Overview
- Toolkit for Professors
- Quick Start Guide
- Learn how students sign up for Piazza Q&A and join the Piazza Network
- Piazza Lecture Series where educators come together to discuss key topics in pedagogy.
- Piazza Network FAQ