Electronic Course Reserves via Moodle or Other Sites
Winter 2020 Library Course Materials Updates:
- Adopt-a-Text is no longer being used to request course reserve materials starting this Winter 2020.
- For Winter 2020 and on, the Library is providing digital course reserves via Canvas - "Course Reserve" tab and physical items at the Sherman Fairchild Library (SFL) for 24 hour loan periods.
- Note: If you have not used the "Course Reserve" tab in Canvas it may not be visible under your "Home" options. In order to "publish" click on this short video for easy step-by-step instructions.
- If you have any questions or would like one-on-one assistance on how to publish and/or submit Course Reserves, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to help you.
Course Reserves via Canvas:
- To request any course reserve material (audio, video, physical books, scans, ebooks), please log in to Canvas; email email@example.com with any questions.
Since physical books on course reserve will be unavailable to students studying from home, the Library will attempt to acquire a digital copy whenever possible. When none is available for purchase, the Library can digitize up to 30% of any physical books and make it available under the Course Reserve tab in Canvas. If more is than 30% of the book is required, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Library's scanning capacity is limited, so adoption of existing digital resources is strongly encouraged where possible. For that reason, and to comply with copyright law, please do not request greater portions than are necessary for your educational goals at one time.
Digitized material will be hosted by the Library. When content is ready, the Library will make the scans available for you and your students via Canvas. At the end of the quarter, the Library will delete all scanned copyrighted material unless you've specified it be removed at an early date or it has obtained permission from the copyright holder to retain it longer.
There will be no charge for the use of this service.
How to Submit Required Textbooks for Purchase by Your Students and/or Course Reserve for Winter Classes
The slides provide details about how to request material for your course(s). It presents options for instructors to make required and optional course materials available to students, both in digital and physical form.
Are you teaching the same class in the Winter or next Spring/Fall? Yes, just "clone" your course material from your previous term in Canvas within the "Course Reserve" tab.