Technology and Tools
Provided here are support pages about the main Caltech-supported, licensed, and/or tested applications available for remote and online teaching.
- At minimum, please link any platforms/tools that you plan to use in your basic Canvas course site, so that students can find your course materials from one central location.
- Please be sure to review the page on FERPA Compliance and Security so that you are aware of this important information for online teaching.
- Here is a YouTube Playlist of several Caltech-made technology demonstrations.
- Here is a YouTube Playlist of the Summer 2020 Caltech Adaptable Teaching Series (CATS), which includes "How To" videos (slides linked in descriptions) about Canvas, Course Design, Pre-recording video content, library course materials, digital whiteboards, assignments and exams, discussion forums, G-suite for teaching, and discussions on additional teaching topics such as incorporating writing assignments, equity and inclusion, labs and experiential courses, and more.
- Additional support videos and instructions are linked throughout the pages in the Technology and Tools section.