Technology and Tools
As announced on March 18, 2022, the Institute will return fully to in-person instruction by Monday, April 4, 2022. Resources for remote and online teaching are provided on this site if Caltech must shift to remote instruction in the future.
Outside of special emergency permissions granted during the pandemic, Caltech's accreditation is limited to in-person instruction.
Provided here are support pages about the main Caltech-supported, licensed, and/or tested applications available for remote and online teaching.
- At minimum, please link any platforms/tools that you plan to use in your basic Canvas course site, so that students can find your course materials from one central location.
- Please be sure to review the page on FERPA Compliance and Security so that you are aware of this important information for online teaching.
- Here is a YouTube Playlist of several Caltech-made technology demonstrations.
- Here is a YouTube Playlist of the Summer 2020 Caltech Adaptable Teaching Series (CATS), which includes "How To" videos (slides linked in descriptions) about Canvas, Course Design, Pre-recording video content, library course materials, digital whiteboards, assignments and exams, discussion forums, G-suite for teaching, and discussions on additional teaching topics such as incorporating writing assignments, equity and inclusion, labs and experiential courses, and more.
- Additional support videos and instructions are linked throughout the pages in the Technology and Tools section.