Telecommuting While Teaching
As announced on March 18, 2022, the Institute will return fully to in-person instruction by Monday, April 4, 2022. Resources for remote and online teaching are provided on this site if Caltech must shift to remote instruction in the future.
Outside of special emergency permissions granted during the pandemic, Caltech's accreditation is limited to in-person instruction.
Reminder: Leave Your Work Computer On
In order to be able to connect to your work computer remotely, your work computer must remain on at all times.
- Security Best Practices
- Remote Access Guidelines
- Home Computer Recommendations
- Home Networking Tips
- Enabling Remote Desktop
- Connecting Remotely to your Work Computer
- Finding you IP Address
Handling Work Calls Remotely
There are several options available, please review to determine which options best fits your needs
- Check Your Work Voicemail – Dial 626-395-3100, follow the prompts to enter your extension and password to retrieve your messages
- Call Forwarding – Please reach out to your supervisor or Division Operations Officer for more details
- Zoom - video and web conferencing, screen sharing, white board, phone calling from the Zoom app